Ilomantsi Museum Foundation
The intention of the Ilomantsi Museum Foundation is to preserve Ilomantsi’s history and cultural heritage, and to highlight and utilise the history and cultural heritage of Ilomantsi through the museum’s approaches. The Foundation pursues its mission of managing its museum collections and other property, practising and developing information, dissemination, research, recording and teaching of activities related to Ilomantsi’s cultural heritage, and working in cooperation with parties who cherish and research on the history and cultural heritage of Ilomantsi in accordance with the purpose of the foundation.
The Museum Foundation is responsible for the museum and tourism activities of Parppeinvaara Rune Singer's Village and Möhkö ironworks.
The Ilomantsi Museum Foundation is managed by board of members. Board members include the municipality of Ilomantsi, Ilomantsi-Seura ry, Tornator Oy, Karjalaisen Kulttuurin Edistämissäätiö (Foundation for the Promotion of Karelian Culture), Family of Saloheimo, Family of Rautava and the Family of Hallberg. There is also an expert member from the North Karelian Museum who partakes in the activities.
Museum director Tanja Rovio-Murto
Museum curator Heidi Koponen
Address: Soihtulantie 7, 82900 Ilomantsi
Photo: Children of family Törrönen in Tokrajärvi 1937. Photographer Pekka Laine.